• Communion, also known as the Lord’s Supper, is the commemoration of Jesus’ Last Supper with his disciples. Communion, considered the center of our worship experience, is celebrated each week at First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Our communion is an open table, and all are invited to join.
• What to wear: Walking through the door on Sunday, you’ll find some people are dressed very casually and others are dressed rather formally. We encourage you to come however you feel comfortable. Whether you’re in jeans or a suit, we’re happy to welcome you.
• Parking for individuals with disabilities is available in reserved spaces on the east and north sides of the building
• Parking: Parking is available in a paved lot behind the sanctuary, and also on the north side of the sanctuary.
• How to become a member: We are excited to welcome you to the First Christian Church of Haines City family. The best way to begin your journey toward membership is by asking any of our Elders about our faith, beliefs, and values. At present, we are developing opportunities to gather informally where you’ll learn about our denomination, the history of our congregation, and you’ll get to meet some of our staff and current members too. FCC offers two types of memberships—Full memberships, where folks consider FCC/HC their only church, and also Associate memberships, where folks, such as “Snowbirds”, would like to become members of FCC/HC but would also like to retain membership in their church at their other place of residence.
If you have further questions, please schedule a time to talk with one of our ministers by calling our church office at (863) 422-4554. Our staff will be glad to answer any questions you have about the church, and help you begin your faith journey.
May the Lord be with you and keep you safe from harm.
We are Disciples of Christ, a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. As part of the one body of Christ, we welcome all to the Lord’s table as God has welcomed us!